Postcards are a fun and easy way to stay in touch with friends and family. But sometimes they can seem so impersonal. Here are just a few ways to liven them up:
- Break out the fountain pen, colored markers, crayons, or whatever to give your messages a little class, a little color, a little personal flavor.
- Be clever with your messages. Add inside jokes or write a silly little poem (or a serious one). You could send a riddle or puzzle of some kind (just be sure to send the answer on another postcards in a couple days!) or even write your message so that it can only be read by holding the postcard up to a mirror.
- Write in the voice of someone else, like a favorite movie character: If Flik and Dot from A Bug’s Lifevisited the beach, what would they find most interesting?
- Choose quirky, odd, funny postcards and comment on them in your message. Instead of “Wish you were here,” try “You should have seen this!”
- Include your own art. Add doodles, stick figures, your own scene . . . on the front or the back of the postcard.
- Or, make your own postcard!
Have an idea for making your postcards fun and interesting? Tell us about it in the comments.
Disney/Pixar Materials: © Disney•Pixar