Our question for you is: How much do you know about home runs?
If can answer all five of the following five questions correctly, you’ll be entered into a drawing to win one copy of Play Ball! A Celebration of Baseball’s Greatest Moments. This wonderful 8½” x 11”, 40-page softbound book features the vivid paintings of artist Graig Kreindler, as well as 16 collectible stamps: the 2001 Legendary Playing Fields (10), the 2010 Negro Leagues Baseball (2), and the 2012 Major League Baseball All-Stars (4) stamps.
Let’s start the home run quiz now!
1. Mickey Mantle is widely considered the greatest switch-hitter of all time. In his career, he amassed 536 home runs. Did he hit more homers while batting right-handed or left-handed?
2. On April 8, 1974, Hank Aaron hit his 715th home run, breaking Babe Ruth’s career home run record. Who was the Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher off whom Aaron hit the homer?
3. How many home runs did Roy Campanella hit in his career?
4. How many seasons did Mel Ott lead the National League in home runs?
5. In 1938, Hank Greenberg hit a whopping 58 home runs. He also set what was then a Major League Baseball record for multi-homer games. How many times that season did he hit more than one homer in a game?
To enter, send your answers, along with your name and address, to: USPS Stamps, 1300 Mercantile Ln, Ste 139C, Largo, MD 20774.
Of those who answer correctly, two people will be randomly chosen to receive a copy of Play Ball! If you don’t know all the answers this time around, don’t worry. You’ll have a couple more chances to win this baseball season. Entries must be postmarked by Saturday, August 10. Good luck!